Those were the words I said to Scott as I was about 10 feet from President Bush... Who am I? a 7 yr old who just met Minnie Mouse for the first time?? lol I crack myself up! I was seriously so excited I could hardly contain myself! President Bush.. he was right there, I adore him! He is seriously such a great, honorable, so very sweet man! Ah, it was the most exciting 22 seconds of my life!! (We were only supposed to get 12 seconds each, but I took 10 of Scott's.. since he was there just for my moral support.. ♥)
I walked up to him (surrounded by atleast 8 Secret Service Members mind you..) and He said "Hey Darlin` how are you? Hope the line wasn't too much trouble.." (with a big smile and a handshake) I said "Oh no, it was totally fine, It is so great to finally meet you! Thank You for all you have done for our country" he replied "your welcome" I then (starting into Scott's 12 seconds..) said "I sent you a wedding announcement, and you sent me a reply back, that you had signed, that meant so much to me!! Thank You!!" (yes I really did do that..) He then said "oh your welcome" again, with a smile! (like he really remembered, but let me think what I want okay... :) )
Ahh it was the most amazing experience ever!! :) Waiting outside from 6am til 130pm was TOTALLY worth it! My body was sore from standing that long.. I was hungry, my face was wind burnt... but all in all it was great! We were lucky enough to stand by this other cute couple.. mind you, we are very good friends now.. since we hung out for a solid 7 hours together, named Ryan & Lauren, Ah! I love Lauren already.. so nice to know there is someone else in this world who shares my same quirky passion! A beautiful friendship has blossomed.. :) Too bad they are moving to Arizona in a month (I barely know them and I am sad.)
All in all, this was a great day! I woke up at 4am.. willing.. :) and braved the wind and the cold for this once in a lifetime experience.
Thank You President Bush for stopping by MY state to see ME :) and for being so friendly and personable! It meant more than you'll ever know!
This book and memory can now be added to my collection, right next to my picture of me and Kathryn playing with Miss Beasley (their dog) at the White House, next to my picture of Me, Katie, Sue, and Jess on the White House Lawn after seeing President Bush leave on his helicopter, and next to my US News & World Report Magazine that the four of us are in. :) Aww.. President & Laura Bush... you'll always have a special place in my heart.. and if you ever need a dog sitter.. you know who's your girl! :)
PS no.. I don't have pictures with him.. :-( they wouldn't let us take any..
Been in line for over an hour now.. he was so excited :)
Scott, you are a trooper for doing this with me! I LOVE you!
Line behind us...
Line in front of us...

Wrist Bands.. number 467 & 468! We are guarenteed to meet him!
Sandy Police driving to the back of the building to block off the road for him to come in!
(notice we have moved to the front of the store by now.. Yay!)
His Book...
His Signature :)
The Memory is what means the most to me.. not the signature.
This was once in a life time :)







4 comments:
I am so excited that you got to meet him! All your childhood dreams are complete! :)
This was so fun to read and you are such a doll. I only fell in love with you more while reading it. I am so happy that it all worked out in your favor. I was really pulling for you! :)
Woohooo!!!! So exciting!!! Wow! I'm so glad you were able to meet him! Way to live passionately :) So sweet of your husband to support you the whole time!
Oh Britt I'm so glad you got to meet him! Too bad no picture with him but makes sense. Thanks for posting the whole story, I was thinking about you a lot that day hoping that it all worked out well for ya:)
Post a Comment