Thursday, November 18, 2010

President Bush... In Utah!

As many of you know... my most favorite person.. Hero... Person to look up to... whatever you want to call it, is none other than our former President George Bush. I am a HUGE fan! Always have been, always will be. Don't judge me... actually do judge me, I am confident in my ways of thinking and being.
I really like the way that him and his wife Laura carry themselves, the way they treat others, and their general good nature.
As far as his Presidency, you can think what you want, and I will think what I want, but I think he did an amazing job and did well with what was handed to him while he was in office.
Thank You President Bush for all you did for our Country!

On another note... He is stopping by good ol` Sandy, Utah tomorrow at none other than our Costco... He is signing copies of his book from 1-3pm. They are giving wristbands out at 8am...
Hmmm. What am I to do? My original plan was to get up at like 4am (we all know how well i do that..) and get in line for a wrist band.
I was gonna go check Costco out on my way home from work to see IF there was a line (like there wouldn't be..) and to go from there. I entertained the idea of camping out... but A. its cold B. only crazy people do that (no offense you black friday-ers) C. its a costco parking lot...
So i went back to my original 4am thought.
THEN.. My friend Amanda calls me (she lives right by Costco) to tell me that there is already a HUGE line outside of Costco.. mind you it is 4:30pm.. Thurs, we are talking about 24hrs from when he is actually going to be there.
U G H !
So now I am torn/sad/upset/frustrated. I realize I am more or less whining, but I am hoping someone out there in Blog World is a secret service agent who reads this and thinks "she has a good heart, good intent, she really just admire's Pres & Mrs. Bush.. Maybe I can hook her up with a wristband..."   One can dream right?
So.. back to square one. What is a girl to do? (besides make her Hubby take work off on Friday to stand in line with her...)
I am going to give it a try. I am sticking with my 4am idea.. and hope and pray for the best! I can't bring myself to camp out.. I just can't... I really just see pure craziness obsessiveness with sleeping outside of a venue that someone is visiting.
I admire Pres. Bush, I think he is a great man, what I would give to truly meet him. But there is just something about looking, sounding, feeling obsessed (like sleeping outside the venue) that just doesn't sit so well with me.
Maybe I am just justifying it in my mind that I might not get to meet him.. (*Crushed...*)
But Hey, let's hope for the best right??
:-)
Wish me luck.. and possibly a warm, concrete night sleep

To: Brittany Nunley
Sincerely, George W. Bush

6 comments:

Spenc, Nikki, and the Littles said...

Haha, I LOVED this post. You had me laughing the whole way through it and for the record i agree with you on his stay in office. Love ya and I hope that it works out for you.

Amanda Oakes said...

Sorry I broke your spirits! I hope that everything works out!!!! :)

Kelly Jean said...

I didn't even know he was coming, haha! Shows how much I watch the news... but AWESOME! Hope you get to meet him!! If you don't catch him at Costco, book it to the airport ;)

Jeff and Kay said...

So he stayed at Jeffs hotel today. His secret service took up like a whole section of the hotel and there were cops everywhere Jeff said and he was doing interviews in the rooms there. pretty sweet right? Jeff works nights so he did not get to see him so that is lame.

Erin Bradley said...

you are too cute! i was at costco thusday night and was wondering what in the heck all those people were doing camping out:) had no idea pres. bush was coming.

did you get to meet him???

The Hatches said...

Oh you crack me up:) I'm so glad you got to see him for more than just getting on a helicopter! BUT did you get into US News and World Report for it?! I think not!;)