Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hunting Success!

Okay, by far, October is the busiest month for us!! We created most of the business, but some of it just happens to fall in Ocotber.
When I say "we" I more or less mean just Scott... like my previous post, its hunting season. But its over now, and to say the least, I survived! :) Scott went on three hunts this year. (Archery & Muzzleloader for deer, Rifle for Elk) He has a dedicated deer hunter tag that is good for 3 years (we're on year 2/3), which allows him to hunt Archery, Muzzleloader, and Rifle. He can hunt them until he gets a deer, this year he got his deer on the Muzzleloader. It was a nice 3x4 (i act like i know what i am talking about.. i really don't though..) and i think it was about 29in wide? which is big i think... :) I'll spare you all the gorey pictures that now are forever saved on my computer.. Ugh! lol But i am proud of him, he was so excited to get a deer, and i honestly think he has eaten deer steak almost every day for lunch. Makes our food bill lower :)

I am proud of him, he seriously was so excited! He went up to Fairview with his Uncle and some Cousins, they always have a fun time :)
Onto the Rifle Hunt... He did the Rifle Elk up in the High Uinta's this year. He has been wanting to do this hunt for such a long time.. last year his dad went and totally got snowed it, while poor Scotty got drug to Lake Powell by his mean girlfriend who is now his wife :-) haha
This year the weather was pretty good for them, it had snowed a few days before, but not anything like last year. That was nice because they have like a 9 mile hike in. Scott, his Dad, and their friend Robert went, and they brought the horses Hannah and Buster to pack all the stuff in. I think they had a good time. I was worried sick though... thats a long hike, no cell service... ekk. needless to say, they made it home safe and sound. Robert was the only one that got an Elk, but Scott said it was a good time. :) It was beautiful up where they were, I'm slightly jealous, but not a 9 mile hike jealous.




 Robert on the Satellite phone... it was like $2/min. Glad they had it though... remember when Cell Phones were that big?? LOL

Scott and the fishies he caught

He sure is cute :)



1 comment:

The Hatches said...

Oh wow they're in some beautiful places!! Go Scottie, what a good hunter:)