Sad to say, but Softball is over for this year :-(
For those of you who don't know, Me and Scotty play on a co-ed softball team in the Spring & Summer. Scott likes to say he is the Owner and I am the Manager. (aka, he loans the money, and I get to be bossy and in charge!)
For those of you who don't know, Me and Scotty play on a co-ed softball team in the Spring & Summer. Scott likes to say he is the Owner and I am the Manager. (aka, he loans the money, and I get to be bossy and in charge!)
We had a really fun time this year! I think we ended the season right at .500.. some manager I am, I don't even know for sure. But needless to say, we did TONS better than we did the year before when we were the White Tigers. :-) So an improvement is always good.
This year we had lots of good and lots of not so good...
This year we had lots of good and lots of not so good...
Good being, we had subs... this was a joke last year! A big thanks to Chuck, Jason, Ryan, and Meagan for always bailing us out! :) Another good was... well we had a good year! Mainly, scores aside, it was really fun!
Not so good... well it wasn't "bad" per say, but I ended up by about mid-end season having 3 newly pregnant girls on my team, now me being the paranoid person I am, and having had worked in Labor & Delivery for about 3 years... It worried me every game! I never would have forgave myself had something happened! (see... I am a good Manager). Nicole, our only left hand hitter (she rocked it!!) stopped playing about the last 6 weeks because she was like 30 weeks pregnant.. that girl! She wanted to play soooo bad, but figured it was time to give it a rest til the Baby is here!
We had a blast, next year, the Pirates will be back in action again... without our 2nd baseman and Left fielder though... :-( Nate & Madi have officially left us! :-( we are so sad... They are on their way to Pennsylvania for Medical School! Nate, we are so proud of you, and excited for you both! But we miss you like CRAZY!! the other day I asked Scott about going to the Bee's game... and the first thing I asked was "Hey, lets call Nate & Madi, they'd totally come!! :) oh yeah, they've left... :-(
We Miss You Guys, Thanks for EVERYTHING you have done for us, Madi you know my heart, I appreciate you always being a listening ear and a supporter and a best friend!! ♥!!!
We are already planning a trip to come see you guys! I really am going to make a dollar jar so we can save money to get tickets to fly out there!!
These Pictures are from one of our games, it was super rainy! Scott Pitches and I Catch.. We make a great team :)
3 comments:
NO WAY! we played co-ed softball this year too well... the last two years but every year gets funner and funner. looks like you guys had a blast!
Isn't it a bummer when the season ends!? I would've loved to come play for you guys, seems like you had a fun team:)
I love the penny jar idea! We would love for you guys to come visit us!!! We are definitly going to miss playing softball with all you guys. We'll have to start a penny jar too to come out there and visit :)
Post a Comment