Disneyland through the eyes of a child, even a baby is completely magical! I didn't realize how much I would love it, but we had the most amazing time!
For months, Scott and I had been planning to spend our Anniversary in Disneyland, after all, it was where we honeymooned! We were going to leave Karter home with my parents because we figured it would be kind of hard to do Disneyland just the 3 of us.
After a lot of heartburn about leaving him, my parents decided to just tag along! I guess if you fly free you might as well enjoy the benefits! This plan ended up working perfectly!
Since my Mom flys free, I get to fly standby as well (not for free though), this means we had to take the "best looking flight" as far as seats go. That so happened to be the first flight on Thursday Morning... it left at like 8:30am, which means we had to be at the airport by like 630-7ish... Now any of you that know Scott and I real well, we are not morning people, and what do you get when two non-morning people make a baby ----> a very non-morning baby. We have been super blessed with a baby that wakes up almost everyday around 9, so getting up at 530 was rough for all of us.

Ha - he was one tired boy. We tried to keep him awake so he would sleep on the flight, but we lost and he slept the whole time we waited to board.The flight itself was fine, I think I was more nervous of how Karter would be on the plane than actually flying - which is a first for me. I even made treats for the passengers around us. There were some young girls sitting by us (maybe like 12 yrs old?) I handed them the bag of treats and they immediately had the "stranger danger" look on their face. ha, turns out that our Mom's work together and we had no idea.
but all and all Karter did fabulous on the flight, he stayed awake the whole time, got a little wiggly towards the end, but can't complain. Someone told me the idea of getting them a new toy for the plane ride - it totally worked, he examined, analyzed, and played with his new toy almost the whole flight!
he looks so big here, I'm leaning back and he is leaning forward.
we landed at Long Beach airport - cutest airport ever! it's like you walk right back into the 60's, i love it!
however, we did land in 103* heat, it was awful! Scott does NOT do heat.. he hates it and I think Karter is taking after him. They both were pretty miserable.
you can't tell, but he is totally sweating and melting here.
we waited for a bit for our shuttle, and we were on our way! We got to the hotel, let the little guy take a nap... and so did we... like I said, we don't do mornings.
We spent the afternoon at downtown disney soaking it all up for the week to come.
there is just something about the all to sphere at Disneyland, it just makes you so happy, like there is nothing wrong in the world, leave all your cares behind. I imagine Heaven to be like Disneyland (though others might see it as hell... haha, boooooo to the haters!)
We went to the airport later that night and picked my Mom up. We headed to a Mexican Restraunt that was in a strip mall in a sketchy part of town... we were going for authenticity. It turned out to be so good! ! So good! My Mom is the master of guacamole, she can make it better than anyone I know. I've never really been a fan, well let's be honest, I never really tried it because it's green and gross looking, but if my Mom Said That Place Had Amazing guac, It had to be good! I tried it, and now I'm addicted. Can't get enough of that stuff!
Okay, back on track - we enjoyed dinner and then headed back to the hotel to get some rest for the next day....



1 comment:
what restaurant!? And ya, anything close to Disney is pretty sketchy once you get outside the resort. It's so weird. They have the best aunthentic mexican restaurants here!
Post a Comment