Saturday, January 28, 2012

December Festivities

so after Thanksgiving.. we went back to my Grandma's house and started on our traditional Gingerbread Houses - when I say we... I mean I did "our" Gingerbread house :) but to Scott's defense.. it is kind of a girly thing to do.
I made one, Emily made one, my cousin Mady made one, my cousin Ady made one, and my Grandma made a cute Gingerbread Tree! We have lots of fun making these!






Madi's Gingerbread House
All the yummy candy








Emily working very hard on her house




My Gingerbread House!
complete with a Scotty-bread, Brittany-bread, and a Minnie-bread!
Up close of my little Minnie-Bread.. who looks sad?? 
My real life dog (contrary to my gummy dog-bread) is always very happy!

Emily and I's finished products






Nunley Ginger Bread House






Hall Ginger Bread House
My Grandma's cute tree!

Ha, funny story about this.. .glob.. 
My Grandma was using a bag full of frosting with a slit on the end to frost her tree (you know what I am talking about, right?) and she kept running out of frosting.. couldn't figure out where it was going..
well it was coming out of the top on to the counter underneath her bag, so she didn't see it until there was a whole pile on the counter! :) Cute Grandma!

Ady's Cute and Colorful house! I wish my house had that many Christmas lights!


Ta-da!!!




Somehow making Ginger Bread houses brings out an estrogen surge and Emily and my Mom felt the need to arm wrestle...
I love my Mom's face in this.. she totally has the "oh you are going down!" look! haha







Needless to say... My Mom won...








Moving on to more Festivities....
Scott and I went downtown one night in December and it was so much fun! We went to the Grand America and saw their new Toy Store.. (soooo cute!) and thanks to this cute Girl and her super fun post, I was inspired to go on the Scavenger hunt! It was so fun!

Look at all that CANDY! :)

Super cute little reading nook!

for whatever reason, I didn't take any pictures of the scavenger hunt.. I must've been really in to it! but it was fun! and best of all.. it was WARM!

We then went to Temple square...
This picture makes me laugh because it was like the 3rd person we asked to take our picture for us... and each time, i said "can you get us and all the temple in it?" their response "Sure, no problem..." and yet, we had it cut off in several pictures.. its not hard people! and it IS possible! I tried having my 6ft tall Scotty as my model, see....  

okay.. so I accidently cut the Angel Moroni off, but still, I was oodles closer!




This one ended up being my favorite Picture of the night!

I love my Scotty so much, we had a great time and it is such a fun tradition to go downtown during Christmas!

1 comment:

collette charles said...

love all your holiday catch up posts. your gingerbread houses are PRO!