Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Perfect Day!

Looking back at all the counting down I did, all I can say is Holy Cow that went fast!! It seems like it now anyway!
Our Wedding Day was PERFECT! Flawless! :) I can't think of one thing that went wrong! The started off around 8am, Tina (my best friend and bridesmaid) came over to help me get ready. Me, Tina, Jenny (Emily's best friend, and my second little sister) and Emily headed off to the hair salon to get my hair all did up. Kathryn (my best friend and bridesmaid) met us there and we all got dolled up for the day. A HUGE thanks to Lexie for doing my hair! It looked great! :)

It was then back to my house to finish getting ready. Emily, Jenny, and my Mom left early for the church to get everyone in line. By this time, I had been getting periods of total nausea from butterflies, I think I described it to Tina as contractions of nervousness, They'd come and go, like I imagine contractions would. Needless to say, my feet were still warm :)

Katie helping me get ready. I love her, definitely couldn't have done it without her!

My dad looks pretty good in green I think :) He looked so cute that day! He is my best friend, and I thought for sure I would cry that day, but I never did. There is a part of me that regrets that, but there was just no tears that day for me, all smiles. I kept telling everyone that this is a non-crying wedding. most people did okay, except Julie and Connie... oh yeah, and Scott. He is such a sweetie. I just love him so much and I am glad he has a soft and sensitive side. I think it says a lot about him.
We got married at This is the Place Heritage Park. It was perfect. I always said if the Temple wasn't in the cards for me at the moment, I would be married in a church. This was perfect! I loved everything about it! Tina took the best picture of this place, not to mention how well the weather cooperated that day, the sky is BEAUTIFUL in the background! Thanks again Tina & Katie for all these pictures!

I really cannot emphasize how perfect everything was that day! not to mention how perfect everyone looked and how the day just felt so peaceful! Driving up to the church I rode with just me and my dad, I distinctly remember him asking me how I felt, I told him fine, by the time we were in the car driving, the nerves were gone. I felt fine, just a peace and was so excited. I think my Dad was nervous, but he never let it show, I don't know if he was nervous because of the walking down the aisle or if it was because he was giving his daughter away? either way, I couldn't have asked for a better Dad! He is the best. Not to forget my Mom and Sister. NONE of this would have worked out so beautifully if it weren't for them! We had our moments of disagreeing and frustration, but all in all, everything was perfect!

I don't have pictures from the Ceremony, but as soon as I do I will put them up. All I can say is that waiting to walk down the Aisle went so fast, I had imagined it would feel like centuries, but next thing I knew, my little flower girls were walking down, and I was next, I remember walking through the door, arm in arm with my Dad, and looking down the Aisle at Scott, His eyes were welling up and he was crying. It was the sweetest, most tender thing I had ever seen. I Love Him so much, Not like I didn't know it before, but it was at that moment that I knew our forever journey was beginning. He is my Love, I love him so much! I remember looking around, hard to see everyone because everyone was standing and I am so short, but I remember looking at Kari Anderson, A million things rushed through my head, I Love her sooo much and am so thankful for the angel she is in my life! :) I remember seeing Namie and some of Scott's family, but I could only look at them briefly, ahead of me was my HUSBAND! I have waited for a long time for this day, and the way he looked at me that day was different than any other day. I then saw my Uncle Rick, who married us, he was tearing up as well, along with most of our family and friends. They all blamed it on Scott, and the emotion and spirit he brought into the room.

After the ceremony, we talked with everyone who was there, took tons of pictures (those ones to come, a HUGE thanks to my amazing photographer Carrie Mann! Our picture are beautiful and you were awesome to work with!) and then we went on a train ride around the park, it was so fun! :)

Off to the Dinner at Heritage Gardens now, Oh my goodness, can I tell you how good their food is?? DELICIOUS! I think I had almost the exact same meal that Kathryn & Mike had at their wedding, but it was just delicious! I couldn't resist!! MMmmMm

We took more Pictures there, made Nate give a blessing on the food at the last minute, he was such a trooper to do that! Thanks Nate! Had a few toasts, by my Dad, Josh, Tina, and Kathryn. They all did so good and said such nice things! :)
Josh had the best line of the whole night, I think he might even of teared up during his, but he ended his by saying something like "when you look back on this day, I hope you remember this day as the day your loved each other the least" So true and so sweet! Thanks Josh! We Love You!


After dinner, the reception started with a receiving line, we felt so loved, I cannot believe how many people came, Thank You all so much for coming, it meant so much to us! :) We then did Cake, Dancing, Bouquet & Garter toss, Each caught by Ashley Forsythe and Josh Newman. Might I add, that we had the BEST dj! Oh I loved her! Huge THANKS to Audrey from Laughing Gravy, they made the night so much fun! :) I'd recommend them, especially Audrey in a heartbeat! :)


This day was all we could've asked for and more! A HUGE thanks to everyone who came, our families and friends, for all the hardwork they did. Our Bridesmaids and Groomsman! It was so fun to have you a part of our special day, not to mention our flower girls, jr. bridesmaids, and ring "bair" you all were so darn good looking! :)
More Pictures to come, as if I don't have enough up all ready!

And We're Off!! Disneyland, here we come!!!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Congrats Brit and Scott! You guys are such a cute, perfect couple! I am so sorry we didn't make it to the reception! You look beautiful Brit! Good Luck in your new married life!!!

The Hatches said...

Hahaha man my post on my wedding details just got blown out of the water! Ha, I'm so boring;) Britt you really did have the perfect wedding, absolutely NOTHING went wrong!! You and I need to do another breakfast together and should go do a Kneaders breakfast...Tina Hatch was telling me how delicious their breakfasts were!! I want to hear ALL about your honeymoon in Disneyland. I love you and thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding!:)

Karilyn Carreon said...

I had so much fun at your reception! Congrats you two love birds! Enjoy!