Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentines

First, let's talk about how Mother and Daughter think alike...
I took a bunch of pictures of Karter to send to both sets of Grandparents, well my Mom apparently had the same idea. Her and Emily took pictures of Karter like this... to give me for Valentines Day
Though i do need to take credit for his tie and suspenders outfit :) He is one loved baby!

But onto how our Valentine's was... Emily called me earlier last week wanting to know if she could babysit on Valentine's night for us as her and Stephen were celebrating on Saturday - sweet, sounded good to me, Scott and I definitely needed a date night!
I spent most of last week getting over a stupid cough/cold... to that point Karter and Scott had escaped from any sickness... until Thursday...
Karter just didn't really seem himself and he had a tiny little cough, nothing major. We sent him to his babysitter on Friday, she mentioned that he just wasn't his chipper self and instead of kicking and squirming like he usually does, she described him as a wet noodle. so sad.
I picked him up around 3, went down to the car lot to meet Scott (we are now proud owners of a travel trailer - another post), he was alright, just... mopey?
anyway, stopped to get a papa murphy's pizza for Emily and Stephen (heart shaped of course), got their diet cokes and headed home. Emily met me at the house as I was unloading the car. I told her Karter was a little sick, but nothing major, the only thing she really needed to know was if he starts coughing and it sounds like a seal barking, she needs to take him outside in the cold air and call me immediately. Well, sure enough, as I took him out of his carseat, he started coughing... and barking like a seal... Emily looked at me... "yep, that sound.." so I took him outside - he is hysterically crying at this point - I think it scared him as he was having a hard time breathing. Scott got home, we finally got him calmed down, fed him, changed him into pajamas. Canceled our movie tickets, sent Emily home and headed to KidsCare :( Once we got there...





We checked in, along with another couple who jokingly said to us "this was not part of our Valentines plan" us either guys, us either.

poor little man. he actually seemed okay for the most part, unless he coughed, then your heart would just shatter into tiny pieces. we finally got back to the room, the doctor came in, examined him, and as i suspected, it was croup. Poor little guy's first cold ever is croup. they gave him a steroid treatment and recommended some intensive healing lotion for his minor rash and out the door we went.

cute little belly
so we spent the whole weekend in the house snuggling and cuddling and mending. needless to say nothing got done over President's weekend and our Valentines dinner consisted of grilled cheese and fries from the hospital cafeteria, but that is parenthood at it's finest - we are just relieved that Karter is doing much better and that it wasn't anything more serious. Our good friend's little girl had croup which turned to RSV and they ended up in the hospital, so we definitely were counting our blessings.



Scott and I attempted to have our Valentines date last night, which was fun. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings, enjoyed some good food and played games. We had plans to go see Monuments Men, but genius wife over here had the movie times wrong, so we ended up seeing the next movie.. Labor Day. so stupid. don't go see it. it was depressing and dumb and soooooooooo Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
it really just wasn't meant to be. haha!

bottom line is, I am extremely grateful to have a baby who is bouncing back to his happy self and a husband who is my best friend. Hope you all had a wonderful valentines day! :)


look at us - such youngens! :)

(sorry if you follow me on insta, these are repeats, but cute repeats)




No comments: