Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Public Praise

Sometimes your husband just needs public praise... because he is that amazing.

going back to work was a lot harder than i imagined it would be. i managed to make it extra hard on myself by making the spontaneous decision on day 1 to stop pumping. pumping at work is a PAIN! it's even more of a literal pain on the days when you forget part of your pump, that makes for a very long and uncomfortable day. enough about that for now, that is a whole other blog post in itself...

leaving my baby is hard, it's hard because i worry what I will miss... him learning to roll over consistently, learning to sit up on his own, learning how to clap... all of these little milestones. i hate missing them! it's a good thing that Scott does the drop off and I do the pick up, because if I had to drop off, well, I never would.
it's hard because i am his Mom, i am the one who is supposed to be loving him, nurturing him, and just being with him. it is my job to raise him! but, we all do what we have to do, and right now my job is amazing. i get paid a decent salary and we have free insurance - like totally free. I don't pay a premium and my deductible is met every year for me (by way of HSA). we are very lucky and have been spoiled by my work. so with that alone we are providing stability for our boy. can you see how much i am justifing it? I guess it just makes me feel better.

but lets get to the main point...



this is really about Scott, but a background was needed. I still can't wrap my mind around how working mom's do it. like I have no idea... i get off work at 530, pick Karter up, get home by about 630, start dinner, feed Karter, finish cooking, vacuum up after my dog (don't get me started - we just can't have nice things), kiss Scott, eat dinner (its now like 830p), clean bottles, throw in a load of wash, clean up dinner, is something good on TV? i'll watch it as i walk in and out of the family room, feed Karter, get him ready for bed, read to him (its now 10), fold laundry, think about putting it away and really just leave it in the basket, take off my make up, shower, brush my teeth, finally flop into bed around 1130-12ish.
how do they do it? how do you thrive and not just survive?? its exhausting!
Scott is the biggest help in the world. while I am doing all of the above mentioned - he is right by my side helping with dinner, dishes, Karter, feeding, disciplining the dog. I seriously couldn't do it without him.

Scott makes life fun and simple. clearly it doesn't take much to get me stressed and overwhelmed, that's what is amazing about Scott he literally and figuratively pulls me out of my funk and makes me smile and realize that it's not as big of a deal as i think it is. he has prevented numerous meltdowns. which is a blessing to all of us :)

I'm so lucky to have married someone as amazing as him. nothing beats laying in bed next to him laughing and talking about our life together. i love it.

Scott, thanks for making life simple and even in the moments where i think it's hard and i am just surviving, not thriving or enjoying, you help me realize how truly blessed we are and how happiness is all around us, you open my eyes all the time and i love you for it.


No comments: