Friday, February 21, 2014

1 year ago today...

well, a year and 1 day ago i sent this picture to Scott - flattering, right?


I am so tired I can't even see straight, my eyelids feel like they have weights on them

Little did I know...

I was cooking a baby!
The very next day, I wrote this...
(this is an excerpt from my private blog (or journal... mind you))

February 20th, 2013. i had been thinking all day "maybe, maybe"
i broke all the laws and googled "ways to announce pregnancy to husband" on the way home, found a few good ideas, but knew i would just freak no matter what and spill the beans.
got home, was remarkably calm. took minnie mouse out. she peed. i opened mail. went upstairs and peed on a stick.

i peed and as i waited for the hour glass to go away, i peered over the top of my jeans, just so i could see the top of the screen..... blink.. blink... and then it disappeared. there was an answer.
this time, there was no "NOT" in front of it

positive.

oh shoot.

(I was a little suprised/shocked)

I called Scotty, told him to come home now. i am pretty sure he knew what was up, but came home anyway... longest 30mins of my life waiting for him to come home.

i browsed the web for all the info i could think of...

i am 4 weeks pregnant




That made it seem like I wasn't excited, but really I was - it just took a little bit for it to set in. We weren't expecting to get pregnant right away - actually we truly weren't even trying, so I was a little shocked, as was Scott - I think Scott was silent for a good solid week, like a zombie. 
Honestly though, Karter is the greatest blessing in our life and we are so glad he came when he did!

No comments: