Scott wisely told me the other day... "if you wake up everyday thinking you are going to go into labor, you are going to be disappointed for quite some time"
well, he is right. i need to sop thinking its going to happen tomorrow and just let it happen when it happens...
I am still nervous, but I think I am past the point of nerves and stress... which is good. I am just ready to meet this little guy. so the happy juices are flowing again and i want to have a baby!!
say what??
this is getting real and weird... BUT we are super excited and anxious.
I went to the doctor yesterday and got some good news...
well, let me back up...
Sunday night.. Scott and I were in bed, he had his hand on my stomach and he kept saying "wow, your stomach is like a rock"... and then it would go away, then it would come back... oh ha, hello, those are contractions. so, I started timing them... they were about 3-4mins apart, lasting about a minute each... the best/weirdest thing was... they didn't hurt, at all. like i only noticed i was having them if i felt them with my hand on my stomach. anyway, they continued for a while.. and i fell asleep.
I woke up Monday morning, feeling AWFUL! i started timing them again, and they picked up right where they left off from the night before... or they never stopped? i dont know. either way, still no pain.
so I called the on call doctor.. i mean, there are super consistent, just not painful...
he was super nice and said it would be totally justified to go in if I wanted to, but it was up to me, sounded like early labor and not braxton hicks. so I laid there a little longer... trying to talk myself out of throwing up (remember I woke up feeling awful) and decided to just go to work... no sense in going to the hospital just to get sent home.
I got up, got ready, threw up, then headed to work.... I was driving to work and the nausea hit again, I was able to keep it all in until I got to the parking lot... then tossed my cookies (or should i say apple juice? i think...) again... that ziploc bag stash in my center console has been a heaven sent so many times!
anyway, went in to work with smeared make up, sick as could be. ugh.
i got a few things done... timed some more contractions...still the same. called Dr. England's office, they had me come in around lunch... both him and his MA looked at me like i looked like death.. which was a very accurate description on how i felt... he checked me again, this time i was a 3 and 80%!!! yes! progress made! but that was it... he looked at me and told me to go home and take a nap.. which i did.
now we are to today... i am keeping my appt for today at 4.. we will see if any progress has been made since yesterday, but Dr. England is leaving out of town tomorrow night :( so something dramatic needs to happen today or the weekend. we shall see. - *Update* no change.. We decided to let things start when they are ready... no sense in messing with.. fate? is that a good word for that? anyway, i am just going to let things ride and wait for this little Pumpkin to be ready.
either way, I feel much better today, no throwing up (which is always short lived, but cherished), still contracting...
so i guess here is to whenever this little pumpkin is ready!
How far along? almost 39 weeks!
Baby Size: about 5 1/2 - 6lbs
Total weight gain/loss: up 35lbs
Maternity clothes? yep, all 4 outfits i have to rotate
Stretch marks? not on my tummy!
Sleep: uncomfortable and interrupted
Miss Anything? agility and sleep... and nausea free mornings
Movement: he still is rolling around like crazy
Food cravings: Thank heaven the candy corn crazy wore off... they are still so good, but aren't that good for you. i'm really liking cookies right now
Have you started to show yet: just slightly... looks like i swallowed a basketball
Best moment this week: making progress!
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: lots of unpainful contractions, and changing... but thats about it
Belly Button in or out? about 80% out
Wedding rings on or off? Off :(
Symptoms: see above
Happy or Moody most of the time: um happy... anxious... very very tired
Looking forward to: meeting our little guy!
1 comment:
You are delivering with Doctor England?! He is the best! So glad you referred him to me! I will have all my babies with him!
Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly!! :) Enjoy mommyhood, it rocks!
Post a Comment