Tuesday, August 20, 2013

30.5 Weeks

I always like to give myself that extra half when I can... makes it seem like I am that much closer to no longer being pregnant, but then when I look at it backwards... that means i only have 9 1/2 weeks left.

single digits

SINGLE

DIGITS

maybe i'll just stick to 10 weeks left... :)

Though i am excited to no longer be pregnant.. its still so crazy... i have no idea what i am doing! but really, who does?

as much as it seems like i am freaking out... i'm really not... its more just surreal to think about.
like this whole thing has seemed like a dream. somedays i have to remind myself (before i'm reminded by a mirror...) that i am pregnant.

i am pregnant
ha, that looks weird to me.

most of you who know me pretty well know that i am well defined by my anxiety and Type A personality (say whaaa?)
but whatever hormones and stuff are pumping through my body... i want to keep them there!!
Scott and I's biggest concern before we got pregnant was how the heck my body (aka mood swings, hormones - see: Anxiety) would be thrown off while i was pregnant.. we honestly expected the worse. usually when all of those happy juices get thrown out of whack, i crash. but this has been such a blessing to us, it has done the complete opposite. and maybe to a little bit of an extreme opposite.
I figured I would be like having panic attacks about going into labor (i guess really that is still TBD..) and about having the baby move inside me, and the face that I AM PREGNANT... but really, i just haven't thought twice about it.
don't get me wrong, i still want the nursery to look a certain way, but if things are off by a bit or something doesn't pan out.... meeehhhhhhh, oh well :)
i know, weird right.
its not like i don't care, i just... don't care? like i guess i could think of much bigger things to care about?
anyway, the bottom line is after all this rambling is that i feel good, mentally, which is a long time coming :)
physically... yeah, thats a different story. i'm sore... all the time. maybe a little bit of that is because i went to Girl's camp for 4 days... but really, i'm just sore. lol

btw, who goes to Girls Camp and turns 30 weeks pregnant up there? oh, yeah.... me


but only to be outdone by our amazing camp director Sarah Newbold.... who is 4 1/2 weeks ahead of me
(that's a real half, not a Brittany half)


and yes, we wore out matchy stripe shirts on the same day. :)

anyway, here is my ligit 30 week picture.. taken by Scott who was half asleep, in our Nursery (awww)... :) 


this may sound so vain... but so be it...
i can't wait to be skinny again! lol



How far along? 30 weeksa
Baby Size: head of cauliflour - about 16 inches long & about 3 lbs
Total weight gain/loss: almost 20lbs gained :-O
Maternity clothes? nothing else fits.. :)
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: meh, its okay, i wake up really sore
Miss Anything? putting on whatever clothes I want... though its a nice excuse to wear sweats or yoga pants all the time
Movement: he moves soooooo much! but is shy when others try to feel him move
Food cravings: graham crackers with vanilla frosting. oh my goodness. really, anything sweet
Have you started to show yet: uh yes, very much so
Best moment this week: reading a letter Scotty sent me at Girls Camp. by far the sweetest thing I have ever received. I was in tears reading it. Gosh, I just love that boy so much!
Gender: still a boy!
Labor Signs: umm, a little pressure and cramping... Doc said not to worry and to take it easy
Belly Button in or out? its still hanging on...or in i should say
Wedding rings on or off? Off :( that was a sad day. It got stuck on my finger at camp... managed to get it off, bruised my finger in the mean time, and it hasn't fit since :(
Symptoms: nausea is still there, but i am happy to say it is just nausea and not throwing up... though i have had a few close calls. i think i'm like 14 days free!
Happy or Moody most of the time: pretty happy, super tired
Looking forward to: hmmmm, I am looking forward to eating and not having to double check if I have zofran handy... really to just eating and knowing it will stay down. i look forward to wearing normal clothes. i am clearly looking forward to him being born... and super excited to spend all this time home with Scotty & Junior (his name will be a secret once we decide on one..) during my most favorite time of the year!

3 comments:

Courtney Stout said...

You are so cute! Glad your anxiety is staying at bay. Haha! I love the part about wanting to be skinny again... ya I can totally see myself saying that too. :)

Brittany said...

you are so tiny! wow! and only 20 lbs gained?! haha consider yourself lucky!

collette charles said...

I would guess it's less luck and more nausea making it hard to eat? If so , I'm sorry. totally relate to the zofran thing. So awful always thinking about having to take nausea meds and never knowing if food will stay down. You are a trooper! So close! You look beautiful!