Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Before and After


Can I just say that owning a home is the best/worst thing ever! :)

We LOVE where we live
We LOVE having our own place

We LOVE decorating and painting and making a mess in our own house
We LOVE the Neighborhood we live in

We LOVE all the space and storage

We LOVE having our own place.... oh yeah, I already said it.. guess we really do love it!
buuuuuuut....
We DON'T love having to sign our life away for atleast 30 yrs... but hey, every does eventually
We DON'T love being house poor, but still... so worth it

We DON'T love driving east to west and west to east... but its like escaping out here!
We DON'T love that we don't have a fence.. but that will come..


Really though.. the LOVES outweight the DON'T loves.. Its great! We love having our own HOME :)

Herriman is such a great place to live! We love it so much! We live in a little slice of Herriman that is bordered by Riverton and South Jordan. We are so lucky, we live close to a lot of things. Our Neighborhood and Ward are AMAZING! We have felt so welcome here! This place is seriously an answer to our Prayers. Its exactly what we needed and wanted.

When we first moved in, it looked like someone had thrown darts against EVERY.SINGLE.WALL
We spent a good week and a half just spackleing.... Ridiculous! Then we repainted the whole house (with the exception of the basement and 2 bedrooms, we'll get to those this winter). It was fun picking out paint, but oh so stressful! Luckily Scott took over most of the painting.. and i just tried to stay out of the way... I have learned that i HATE painting... no fun at all. So really, all the beautiful work is from Scott :)
Here are some of our Before and After Pictures... Enjoy!









Ta Da :)

4 comments:

collette charles said...

before and after pictures are the best! you guys worked hard and your house is lovely :)

Amanda Oakes said...

your house is beautiful! I love it!!!

Kelly Jean said...

Wow, your place looks SOOO good! Great job! I love the lawn chairs in your kitchen in the "Before" picture, haha :) Didn't want to keep those in there?? :) Also, I love that even in all your "Don'ts" you STILL had a positive ending to those sentences! Way to be so optimistic!

The Hatches said...

Britt, WHY have I not come over yet?? We need to make this happen:) Your house looks fabulous and I can't wait to see it!!:) PS, I hate that we live so far from each other ha. Can't wait to see you Saturday though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol